Tuesday, April 7, 2015

C4T- Summary for Math Teacher Mambo

Post 1- Half Century
          In Ms. Shireen's Half Century post, she discusses what she has learned from 18 years of teaching. She gives us a list of 50 things she has learned because she is now 50 years old. Ms. Shireen talks about all things associated with teaching. She talks about motivation, other teachers, paperwork and most importantly, she talks about her students and how they have been such an important part in her teaching career.
           In my response to her, I said how much I enjoyed the post and can't wait to be able to have one just like it. I commended her on 18 years in a not so easy profession. And lastly, I pointed out specific things on the list I agreed with. I touched bases on why I agreed that for big projects there should be stepping stone grades, not just one big final project.

Post 2- Fractions?! Still?!
         In this blog post, Ms. Shireen talks about how puzzled her students were when simple fractions are in a math problem. Keep in mind, she teaches an AP Calculus class. To help her students with this problem, Ms. Shireen is going to change up her IR quizzes. Instead of the way she has been doing them, she will now incorporate a review of fractions so her students will be refreshed on them.
         My comment states how much I loathed AP Calculus when I was taking it in high school, and just reading her post takes me back to those treacherous days. While in calculus, I also struggled with fractions so I could relate to her students. I think it's a great idea to review the students on basic concepts because you will always need them to build on. 
AP Calculus Word Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment