Sunday, February 15, 2015

Blog Assignment #5

Personal Learning Networks consist of those people and tools you can call on when you need help. PLNs are usually always worldwide and able to access at any time. They are there for the teacher’s benefit. I think PLNs will become useful to new teachers when they start to leave what they know and are willing to take in new knowledge. Technology has taken the PLN world, and flipped it. With the internet now, things are limitless. Hundreds and Hundreds of resources are out there waiting to be found, PLNs are important because being able to access those resources is crucial. PNLs are formed by teachers. Teachers must research what they need and compile those searches accordingly.
PLN: People, Informaiton, Social MediaPersonal Learning Networks are new to me. I have always been in an environment where learning was at the fore front. But I never knew it was actually called something, until I read Developing a Personal Learning Network in EDM310. To further my PLN, I would like to broaden the horizons of my Twitter and Facebook accounts. Or maybe even create social network accounts that were just made for educational purposes. I would try to follow educational domains on Twitter and add school systems and universities on Facebook. I would love to be able to keep up with teachers’ blogs, especially some teachers across seas. I think it would be interesting to see what is going on over there and to see if there is anything being done would be beneficial for my undergraduate studies and once I become a teacher.
Some of the things I would add first to me PLN are teachers I have known all throughout the years, and then I would definitely take advantage of EDM 310 finding all of these teacher blogs we have to comment on, I would copy their links into my PLN. 

2 comments:

  1. Remember to include links in every blog post, that is a requirement that has mentioned several times and we count off for not having that requirement. Maybe include a link to the PLN you are planning to use. I see the link to the resource created by Dr. Strange, which is good, but try and put links that relate more to the PLN that you plan to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany,
    I thought this was a very organized post and you did a great job of describing what a PLN means. It's crazy how technology as opened up so many doors for obtaining new knowledge, PLNs being a major one. Personal Learning Networks are new to me as well, but just by having this blog is expanding it. I recently just created a Twitter and have added teachers to help with my PLN. I agree it would be awesome to see what teachers across the seas are doing compared to the U.S! Overall great post!

    -Erika

    ReplyDelete