Saturday, January 17, 2015

Practice Blog

Practice Post Outline
I.                    All About Me
A.      Location- Bayou La Batre and Mobile
B.      Interests- Volleyball and Shopping
C.      Why USA? Wanted to be close to parents and LOVE Mobile
II.                  Personal Info
A.      Brother- Tommy
B.      Boyfriend- Jason
III.                Why Education?
A.      Helping people
B.      Not my first choice
C.      Children
IV.                21st Century Teachers
A.      Technology
B.      Filling a void
C.      Communicators
D.      Adapting
E.   Picture of Interest- Volleyball Championship
V.                  Anything else?

My name is Tiffany Le and I am twenty years old. I have lived in only two places in my life. Both were in Alabama. One place called Bayou La Batre and the other, of course, Mobile. Some of my major interest, when I have time, are playing volleyball and shopping bargains. I really love a good sale, on anything! My reasons for coming to USA are simple. I wanted to be close to my parents and little brother. And I love Mobile; I like the fact that I know all of its little secrets.
 Like I said previously, I have a little brother who is soon to be 20. He is my only sibling and we are super close. We always go fishing together. Tommy and I love the flea market; we try to go at least once a month. Since moving to Mobile, I have met my awesome boyfriend. His name is Jason. Almost every weekend, you can catch us at the movie theatres. Jason and I are obsessed with new movies coming out. My life seems pretty simple, but there is definitely something different happening every day.
I entered the field of education because I have a true passion for helping people. Education wasn’t always my first choice. I, at first, wanted to be a doctor. There is just something so rewarding about being able to help people every day of your life. I also love children. When I was going to be a doctor, I wanted to be a pediatrician. But now as an educator, I can help shape young minds and prepare them for their future lives and not have to deal with sick children every day. I feel very confident in my choice.
Teachers, now days, are extra ordinary human beings. Being an educator on the 21st century entails a lot. With the technology alone, teachers will always be learning. When students bring their new tablets or nooks into class, teacher will have to know what to do with those. Even technology used in your classroom has received an upgrade now. Almost all classrooms in Mobile County have smart boards.  Staying on top of the latest things and going to professional development is best. Unlike years ago, students today are experiencing far more different family life styles. If your student is not getting the proper love and care at home, he or she may need you to fill that void at school. Teaching in the 21st century also entails being a great communicator and being able to adapt to anything quickly. I always say “you never know what might happen today”, where it’s good to always have a plan, we must also know what to if those plans get changed.

Volleyball Championships


There is a lot more to know about me. But I prefer to get to know people in person. Some of the basic things about me- I am a junior here at South Alabama. I will be a fifth year senior graduating in 2016. I am of mixed races. My parents do not speak any English. My brother and I are the only English speakers in our family. And I could probably talk to a wall. Some say, I talk too much. But I love to interact with people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment