Saturday, January 17, 2015

Blog Assignment #1


                When going into something new, and not being the first to ever experience it, I always get different opinions. Some of the things I have heard about EDM 310 are horrible. I have heard that Dr. Strange is mean, EDM 310 is super time consuming but the work is not generally hard, The nine hours things is very true  and EDM 310 is going to test your time management skills. My fears for EDM 310 are I will not get an A because I am not Macintosh savvy and my group for group projects is going to fall apart. EDM 310 is very different from any course I have every taken before. No other course has every actually said I will need nine hours out of my week to complete the assignments. I have never had a course that used Blogger. And I have never used my computer so much in a class.
                The most difficult thing for me in EDM 310 will be time management. I will struggle to find nine hours out of my week to complete the assignments. I work two jobs and am taking a full load. I hope to find my groove with the class though. To address this problem, I plan on living in the EDM 310 lab and becoming best friends with my planner. I think writing to do list daily and marking off the things I have done will help tremendously.
                Some questions I still have about EDM 310 are more about the assignments that will come later, like the book trailer and IMovie stuff. I do have a couple of questions that are just kind of generic. Why is EDM 310 required? Why do so many people repeat the course? How will EDM 310 separate the elementary school teachers from the secondary school teachers? And, how do you become a lab assistant. To get the answers for these questions, I will simply ask. I have a ton of people I could ask- Mr. Tashbin, Mr. Lomax, the lab assistants, and other students who have taken the course.
                Overall, I think EDM 310 will be a learning experience. I am excited but definitely nervous
to get the course started. 

Hourglass Timer

1 comment:

  1. I definitely have my worries about finding the time to work on EDM310 too! I already have a lot of things on my plate, so it will be hard to manage my time for the class. I've found that keeping a daily to-do list helps a lot. Also, I try to write down the assignments I have to keep up with in more than one place so I can visually see what I need to do more than once. It makes it a lot harder to forget!

    ReplyDelete