Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Project #6- C4K Summary for March

         In Arturo's post, Plan Testing, he discusses how he felt about Plan Testing. He starts off by giving his opinion of it and then going on to say how he took the test and how he could have improved. Arturo says he only ready the first paragraph of each passage and then went on to answer the questions because there was only 20 minutes allotted for reading. To improve, he will read the questions first and then go back to the passage next time he is tested. He goes on to tell us tips about the test. Some of his tips include skip the question if you are taking too much time on it, remember to bring your wooden pencils because mechanical ones are not allowed, arrive early to find your class and not to make the mistakes he made. 
         When responding to Arturo's post, I first stated how I am not a huge fan of standardized test either, because I read slow and do not like to rush. I took his advice to heart because I pride myself on being on time and well prepared. And lastly, I too have only read the first paragraph of passages and tried to answer the questions, and it did not go well. I wanted to be able to empathize with him on this particular part.
         In Josh's post Job Shadowing, he states that he was allowed to choose a different option from the other students. He went to a racetrack. Here at the racetrack, he saw tons. The students were taken into a VIP room where it cost $50,000 to rent. Josh then proceeds into the calling room, He talks about the cubicles where the business men are working. Josh states being a businessman can sometimes be hard because you can be rejected when trying to sell tickets. He closes his blog with saying he learned a lot from the trip. 
         In my comment to Josh's post, I stated how much I used to love going job shadowing. I used to have so much fun. I reiterated to him for big events like races, there is usually a lot of behind the scenes stuff that must be done. I also stated that I had never been to a racetrack and I was oh so glad he learned a lot from his trip.
          Pearce's post 3 paragraph book essay was exactly that. He wrote three paragraphs about his book- Alex Rider: Eagle Strike. In the first paragraph he discussed the logistics of the book-tittle, author, important characters and why he chose this book. Moving on to the middle paragraph, Pearce then gives a plot summary of the main points of his book. Finally, the last paragraph depicts his opinion on the book and more general information, like how the book is actually British. 
         In my discussion with Pearce, I praised him for telling me right off the bat the tittle of the book and author, post organization, and a solid plot summary. I also stated that it is important to give your opinion of the book. I thought 3 paragraph book essay was an overall great post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment